Client: Balfour Beatty for Cadent
Year: Jan 20 to Mar 21
Project Value: £900k
Removal of redundant gas main pipe bridge crossings across North West and West Midlands. Liaise with all parties to plan and execute the removal of risk from the Cadent gas network.
– Environmentally sensitive locations, liaison with Canals Rivers Trust & Environment Agency.
– Stringent requirement from numerous local stakeholders and authorities.
– Collaborative working to establish methods, programme of work and stakeholder satisfaction.
– Dedicated resources learning from site to site, receiving highest praise from Client.
Outputs & Benefits:
– Removal of risk for the Client, satisfying HSE requirements. Safely executed, right first time.
– Reinstatement of areas to their natural beauty or heritage value.
“The variety and complexity of the work carried out is seldom seen in the industry. UDP have
worked above Rivers, Canals and Railways all of which pose unique challenges and a special set of
skills to deliver. UDP have proven crucial, not only to deliver the work but also to lead with pre-
construction, planning and liaising with local councils. UDP have made the North West & West
Midlands infrastructure a lot safer place, by removing numerous redundant assets which all posed a
risk to members of the public. All schemes have been completed without incident or overrun, this is
down to their proactive and methodical attitude towards safety along with robust planning.”
Gary Stickland, Project Manager, Balfour Beatty Construction